Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Bosom Buddy

I work hard all day. I like knowing there's going to be a break. Most days I just sit and wait for the break. - Kevin, The Office

I had a break yesterday, so I got to work on my nursing cover. Things were moving along wonderfully until I got ready to thread the boning (this is the part that bows out at the top and allows me to see the baby better while I'm nursing.). Then I almost lost my religion (ok, not really...). I ended up un-stitching, re-stitching, running out of thread, running to Wal-Mart for new thread and accidentally buying the super thick stuff that was like sewing with shoe string. Ugh! But I finally finished around 9pm and am mostly happy with the outcome. As my fellow sewing friend Shannon says, "Don't look too closely at those seams!" I'm a perfectionist and hate flaws, but I just have to get over that. (Click here for a nursing cover tutorial.)

My nursing cover in all its glory!


If it weren't for the darn boning, I'd take orders,
but I just can't put myself through this again.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new pictures at the top with you guys! Also, great job on the cover and love the fabric. Maybe you could use something still still but not boning for the top? I've seen some of these that actually just have regular seams but are sort of loose at the top so allow you to pull it out a bit.

East Carolina In My Mind said...

Your nursing cover looks great and they are a life saver! Great jon!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the pattern. You are so darn crafty!

the Orrs said...

Thanks for the compliments, guys! I love to sew, just wish I had more time to do it! Andrea, when I researched nursing covers, the pricier ones had this feature (boning). I figured it must add a lot, but you are right - I could have left it out and it still would have done the job ;-)

The Congleton Family said...

way to go, Jenn!! Love the fabric! Now all you need is little Micah under there! You'll love it as much as you and Jamie are on the go!

Sam said...

It's really hard not to make dirty comments when you make a post that involves "bosoms" and "boning."