Sunday, June 21, 2009

Jellyfish Season

If I had a camera with me and took pictures like the rest of you do, then I'd have one posted here of Jamie opening his father-to-be card this morning. He's so ready for Micah to come out and play! I am, too, as I can't seem to get comfortable sleeping now and sometimes wake up with really bad leg cramps and a husband whispering, "Can you settle down please?" We go back to the doctor this Friday to see how everyone's doing.

We are wrapping up a wonderful weekend at the river house. Yesterday a few friends came down for the day. We started out with a boat ride and a swim in Bath Creek. As we were swimming around, I noticed that the water had started to sting. Then I shouted several wirty dords as I made a beeline for the boat. Turns out I had been unknowingly swimming with a jelly fish, but thankfully only my arms got stung and thankfully everybody else was okay. Since we didn't have any meat tenderizer on the boat (a common cure for jelly fish stings), our friends suggested that ammonia via urine was my only option for relief. After we all laughed about this, Jamie peed on my arms and they felt a lot better. When we got back to the river house, I called my doctor to make sure that Micah wasn't in danger (he wasn't) and then we carried on with a wonderful day of lounging in our blow-up pool (an excellent buy!) and fishing. Only much later did I realize I had forgotten to wash my arms off...

Also, as Jamie is reading this over my shoulder, he's begging me to "tell them about my fishes." He caught some fish yesterday - a flounder and a trout - that we'll eat with my parents one night this week. We love fresh fish in the summer time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHA! Oh my goodness! I'm over here rolling on the floor! What a funny story! I can just mentally visualize all of this happening! Congrats on your fish, Jamie, and for peeing on Jenn to help her with the stinging! Can't wait to hear the update come Friday!

Anonymous said...

He actually peed on you?! Haha I can't recall how many times he and the other guys have joked about that, but this is funny he actually did. Glad you feel better now.

The Tittle Family said...

Oh my gosh! That's hysterical! You guys are an episode of Friends! I'm glad you and baby Micah are okay!

the Orrs said...

Andrea, after reading your comment I had to go ask Jamie if he really joked with his friends about peeing on me...haha. He said you must've been referring to the Friends episode.