Thursday, June 18, 2009

I have Issues

The first is that my right foot and ankle are swollen, but my left looks completely normal. The right has gotten so big that I can't fit into my sandals anymore. I know that edema is a normal part of pregnancy, especially in the summer, but it seems odd that only one side is swelling. I read up online to see if I could do anything to alleviate this discomfort (along with swelling, my right foot also aches and falls asleep sometimes), and the advice I found was: sleep on your left side (check), don't cross legs while sitting (oops), prop up feet while working (oops again), don't eat junk food (oops a third time). On a positive note, I don't have any stretch marks yet :-D

My second issue is really retarded. Prior to getting married, Jamie and I discussed our desire for me to be a sahm (stay at home mom) once the babies came along. Well, that's our plan when Micah arrives - aside from a few hours I'll work each week from home - but as I'm finishing out my last few months at Covenant, I'm noticing that I'm losing some of my responsibilities, I don't feel as important anymore, I'm not invited to as many meetings, etc. Logically, I understand. After all, as Jamie put it, "They're cutting you back because you asked them to." But I also don't feel as valued or needed anymore, and that's a hard pill to swallow. I know once Micah is here, those feelings will go away. I'll have a new purpose then, and truly I'm so thankful to be able to stay home with him. But doggoneit, right now I want to go to those meetings! I laugh just reading that because I HATE meetings.

Tonight we're hosting a baby shower for our friends, Brandon and Carrie, and their baby, Stokes. This shower really is a double blessing: we get to spend time with good friends, and the occasion prompted Jamie to clean some areas of the house that normally get ignored...Tomorrow, Stephanie is coming over to paint the nursery (and hopefully take some pictures...she's a much better photographer than I am). I'll be hanging out with her 1-year-old, Aaron, practicing up for next summer...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have the same issue with my foot but its my left that causes me problems- the right is perfectly fine. Go figure! When do you go to the doctor again? We cannot wait for tonight either! Yall are too sweet. Thanks again for everything!