Friday, May 29, 2009

Gotta, Wanna, Needa, Getta, Hava Chocolate Pop!

We spent this past weekend at Emerald Isle with my parents and had a great time. The ocean breeze really helped me stay cool. I tried to behave myself with desserts even though my mom is an excellent cook and baker. I gained 7 pounds in 3 weeks recently, and Jamie put it most tactfully when he said, "I think you have a hard time controlling yourself around sweets." So true...I seem to have this gotta have it complex lately when it comes to anything chocolate. In any case, I waved sadly as we passed by three Dairy Queens on our trip, longing for a truffle blizzard. On a positive note, I discovered low fat "chocolate pops" as my step-dad calls them (they are really fudge popsicles). They make a great afternoon snack and still give me my chocolate fix.

I have sewn lots of things for friends who've had babies over the last year - booties, burp cloths and blankets mostly - but I've hardly made a thing for my own child. I made him an ECU tag blanket several months ago when I was really into tag blankets, but then I gave it away :-( He does have one Mommy-made blanket, but this week I'm going to start making my nursing cover. I ordered some cute Michael Miller fabric (see below) and look forward to dusting off my sewing machine again.


I go this Friday for my glucose test. I'm really hoping that I pass! I know I don't have the self control to avoid almost all sugar if I don't. I'll also sign-up for several childbirth classes at this appointment, so I'm excited about that. I can't believe I'm only 14 weeks away from meeting my little boy!

3 comments:

The Congleton Family said...

You are too funny Jennifer! I don't know where the sweets you are eating are going on you! Definately can't tell! Let me know how your glucose test goes this week! What flavor will you choose!?

the Orrs said...

Thank you, Karen :-) I haven't really noticed that I'm gaining a lot (except in my belly, of course), but my mom informed me that my face is "filling out." Haha. Lisa (midwife) told me the orange tastes best, but what would you recommend?

Anonymous said...

You look great! Don't worry about your weight! I'm glad yall had fun this past weekend!