Thursday, June 4, 2009

Blessed Freebies!

I hit the jackpot last week! Two of my co-workers offered up their gently used baby items for me to have...free! We're getting a car seat for Jamie's car, a jumparoo, an exersaucer and a swing! Like most first-time moms, I picked out all this new stuff for my baby. Then I got over it. He has plenty of new things, but I'm so thankful for these used items in particular. You never really know if a baby will like a swing or a jumparoo, so why buy that stuff new only to risk it never getting used? My mom also stumbled upon a half-off baby sale at Belk's this weekend. Thanks to her and my friend, Suzanne, Micah is already well outfitted for the next year. What a blessing!

I had my gestational diabetes test on Friday. I chose the orange drink and didn't think it was all that bad. Maybe that's because I'm used to drinking syrupy sweet tea. The lab tech said she would call me today or tomorrow if I failed. So no news from her is good news. If I do fail, then I'll go back for a 3-hour test to either confirm or reverse my failure. In other OB news, the baby is still doing well and already appears to be head down. This is a great time in my pregnancy; the sickness is long gone, my energy level has perked up, and I'm rounding out but still not so big that I feel like a beached whale. The only new symptom I'm noticing is my sensitivity to heat, which doesn't make for a very pleasant summer ahead. We're going to the beach this weekend and my only request is to find a tide pool to sit in for the afternoon.

I'm back into sewing hardcore. Next on my agenda: sewing machine cover and passy clips. I hear those clips are hard to find, so I was super excited to find this tutorial online.

Update: I passed my diabetes test! I couldn't stand the "no news is good news" approach, so I finally called this afternoon and they gave me the results. Praise!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on passing the gestations diabetes test! Woot-woot! Now go celebrate and have a piece of cake. Tell Jamie you can b/c I said so! ;)

the Orrs said...

Still don't know if I passed yet...wont' be totally sure until after 5 PM tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Doh- I meant to say gestational... anyway, I know you passed!