Monday, May 4, 2009

Shopped Til We Dropped

Jamie and I might as well have gone to Disney World this past weekend. We wouldn't have had any more fun! Our trip started Friday with a stop at Southpoint mall. I rarely buy myself clothes anymore - friends have loaned me so much, and I'd honestly rather spend the money on the baby. But I needed new undies (can't exactly borrow those) and a new top, so we picked up those things, had a nice dinner, then continued on to Burlington for a Saturday morning race (it was necessary to work hard before we played hard).

After the race, it was on. I was so excited about going to Ikea that I could hardly eat my lunch. Once there, it was everything I hoped it would be and more. If you've never experienced Ikea, it's a large home store/warehouse that features high quality at very low prices. We got Micah's crib, dresser, bookcase and a few other odds and ends for under $500. After our Ikea experience, it was time to reward Jamie with a trip to Concord Mills and Bass Pro Shop. He spent almost three hours there while I shopped the children's outlets. I really wanted to get Micah a Gymboree blanket, and I found one on the clearance rack at the outlet (that's what I call bargain shopping, folks) for $9! He also got a few other fall clothes.

We had to drag ourselves out of Concord Mills because we were so hungry. Otherwise we could have shopped on into the night. We went to Carrabas and ate at the pasta bar so we wouldn't have to wait. What an experience! We were so well entertained watching the chefs work, and we even got free samples!

What a fun day! I woke up Sunday and wanted to do it all again, but Jamie said we were broke :-(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great weekend! I'm so glad yall had fun!