Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day "Dress Rehearsal"

I had a wonderful (quasi) first Mother's Day! When I arrived at work on Friday, there was a Mother's Day card on my desk signed by all the ladies I work with at Covenant. Each of them had written a personal message - it was so sweet! Friday afternoon we went to Chapel Hill to score a "tree hugger" race on Saturday morning :-) Seriously, I have nothing against environmentalists - in fact, we practice a lot of what they preach in our own home - but it's the anything goes/free spirit that gets to me. Jamie and I run a very organized production when we do races, and some of these people didn't seem too concerned when they forgot to tell the runners to pick up their timing chips (hello!!). They were like, "Oh...yeah...sorry about that." I think one of them was high.

We got back Saturday afternoon and had dinner with my dad and stepmom. We really enjoyed spending time with them, and Micah got a cute fabric barnyard with stuffed animals that "talk" for Mother's Day (yes, Micah got all the Mother's Day presents, but I didn't mind ;-) It's really cute, and I hope it still works when he arrives because Jamie and my stepmom enjoy playing with it as much as any baby would.

Sunday night we had my mom, stepdad and Jamie's mom over for dinner. I have to admit that my mom spoils me (and "her baby" Micah) rotten. Last week Jamie and I had dinner with William and Amy Bell and their newborn daughter, Cora, and I fell in love with Amy's diaper bag. I told my mom about it, and last night, she presented me with one of my own! It's very girly (see below), but I figured the diaper bag should fit me more than the baby since I'm the one carrying it, and it will also double as my purse when we go out. We also got a picture frame with Micah's name spelled out in magnets, and Jamie's mom brought him a blanket, a stuffed animal and a couple of books. We are so blessed to have such awesome moms! I only hope I can be as good of a mom as mine has been to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the bag! Happy (belated) Mother's Day, soon to be little mama!