Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Memorial Weekend Recap


We had a great time in Ocracoke, although the ocean was calmer and warmer this time last year. Here's what we did: hung out on the beach, kayaked, rode our bikes, slept late, ate dessert every night with no guilt, read a book each, and just enjoyed each other's company. Next year we'll probably break our Memorial Weekend tradition and go to Emerald Isle with my parents. I know they will be a great help to us with baby Micah, plus we love their company :-)


We took a total of three pictures the entire time. As I mentioned in a previous post, we aren't big picture people but hope to become better once Micah is here. We have good intentions. We always have our camera nearby! For me, the problem is multi-tasking. When I'm scrambling to capture the moment in pictures, I feel like I'm missing out on the actual moment. However, there is an exception...whenever this happens, a certain somebody takes loads of pictures. Hmmmm.


Speaking of Jon and Kate plus 8 (so we weren't, but I didn't have a good transition to that topic). I think it's time for them to turn off the cameras and deal with each other. I sometimes think about how much more aware of myself I would be if cameras were following me around all the time. For instance, if I berated Jamie all the time (I don't, by the way), I think it would become painfully obvious to me, most of all, if it was captured on tape. Then I'd want to change. Not so much with Mrs. Kate. After watching the season premiere of their show Monday night, I just felt compelled to pray for their family. I also felt compelled to stop watching. Don't feel like all the attention/press they're getting is really healthy right now.

No comments: