Monday, May 18, 2009

Micah and Parents...On the Move!

Thank goodness we stayed home this weekend! The weather was awful, and we got so much done around the house! We assembled all of Micah's nursery furniture, so his room is starting to come together. We still don't have his bed made yet - we're waiting to sell our sailboat before we buy him a mattress - but I won two auctions on ebay so that he could have curtains that match his bedding. My very crafty neighbor and friend, Karen, also finished making some letters for his wall. They are soooooo cute! I'll put the curtains and letters up in June, after my other super crafty friend, Stephanie, paints his walls. I'm so excited to see how it all comes together!

People keep telling me I'm small for 24 weeks. While I appreciate the compliment, I want to make sure he's growing like he's supposed to. I don't go back to the doctor for two more weeks, but he's very active, which is encouraging.

This weekend we are going to Ocracoke for several days. We are taking our kayak this time and look forward to hanging out on the beach, riding our bikes, reading, sleeping late and eating yummy food. I guess this is our last "big" trip before Micah is born, but I don't expect that we'll slow down much once he's here - we'll just start taking him with us (or letting Mimi babysit ;-).

No comments: