Monday, April 27, 2009

Trying to Avoid Swine Flu

I love warm weather! So I may not love it as much this year as summer's past, but nearly all my maternity clothes are for warm weather, so I'm excited to "debut" a new wardrobe. We had a busy race weekend, as usual. Saturday morning we scored a kayak-alon at Camp Bonner in Chocowinity. I've continued to have morning nausea and was really worried how I'd do standing out in the hot sun, but by the grace of God, I woke up Saturday feeling great and had no problems with the heat. I must be showing pretty well, because strangers are starting to ask when my baby is due. After the race, we went to our river house at Kilby Island for the weekend. Our life is pretty boring and awesome at the river - we go out in the boat, nap, ride the golf cart, and usually end up taking at least one trip to the Washington Wal-Mart because we forgot something. We also eat a lot. Speaking of which, I can now out-eat Jamie...pretty scary.

Little Micah is moving around a lot, which is so neat. I can't feel discernible kicks yet, but lots of little flutters. Sometimes he likes to move around at 5am. I try to gently tell him that we only do one thing at 5am...better to learn it now, son! This coming weekend, we are going to Ikea in Charlotte to shop for his furniture (with a stop at Concord Mills for my husband). In fact, if you ask Jamie what we're doing this weekend, he will say, "Going to Bass Pro Shop." We can't get the furniture that I had originally selected at Ikea because it's out of stock indefinitely, but I found some other pieces that I really like. I can't wait to show off his nursery once it's finished!

1 comment:

Chillin' with Lemonade said...

Hey! I live right by Concord Mills! Call me if you want to stop for lunch or a potty break!