Friday, January 1, 2010

Best Year Ever

Christmas Day, 2009

"2009 was the most awesome year ever, and I hope we don't repeat it in 2010!" - Jamie

That's my husband's way of saying that he is perfectly happy right now with our ONE child ;-) I've already forgotten some of the details of those early days home with Micah, and that makes me panic a little. He recently figured out that he can splash in the bathtub. This week he started chuckling. I want to freeze these moments. 2009 was the best year of my life.

I've looked forward to being a wife and mom my whole life, so this year I can say that all my dreams came true. I always pictured myself with a daughter, but I praise God daily for the privilege of raising this precious little boy. I wouldn't take any little girl in the world for him!

Not that motherhood is easy. At least once a week, I come to the end of myself and have to rely on God's grace and strength to get me through. Last night, Micah cried out five times for his passy, and today he didn't feel like napping. He screamed most of Christmas Eve, but three nights later he was a perfect angel for Jamie's family. I desperately want to figure this child out, but I also know he's not a math problem that always comes out the same. Every day is different, and it rocks my world in so many wonderful, exhausting, thrilling, delightful, frustrating, loving ways.

Praying for another year with my family and watching our little boy grow up!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Awww hugs and yays.