Friday, April 29, 2011

Tubes, Royals and Good Deals

Micah's tube surgery was this morning, and it went very well! He was over the anesthesia and back to himself by the time we got home. The hardest part was handing him over, crying, to the nurse so she could take him back for the surgery. Thankfully, the royal wedding provided a great distraction during the procedure. I'm thankful to everyone who prayed for us and/or left us a sweet message on facebook to let us know we were in their thoughts. My mom called around 8am and wanted to know if Micah was speaking sentences yet haha. We both have high expectations for this surgery! Speaking of the wedding, I am not a big "royal watcher," but Kate (or should I say, the Duchess of Cambridge) took my breath away! She is so beautiful and seems very poised and ready for the life ahead of her.

Thursday afternoon I went to the Lil Pirate Exchange consignment sale in Greenville. I wasn't looking for anything in particular, but since pregnant ladies got "first dibs" on the merchandise, I decided to check it out with my friend Dawn. We both walked away with so much great stuff! I got Micah a "manly" kitchen with all the trimmings (cookware, plastic food, etc.) for $30, a tricycle (a 2nd birthday present?) for $11, an adorable ECU polo for $3.50 and several puzzles for around $7. He was so excited when we brought the kitchen in. Jamie asked, "Did you get anything for Joel?" Yes and no. Everything I bought for Micah will eventually be his :-) I've been to other consignment sales, and this one had some of the best (nicest) merchandise for some really incredible prices. They do a fall sale too, so check it out!

No comments: