Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Tick Off Tuesday

I love him so much!

UPDATE: God has answered my prayer!! We got Micah's surgery moved up to next Friday! Praise the Lord!

Tick Off Tuesday...a day late. As I mentioned in my last post, Micah is scheduled to get tubes in his ears, but the surgery is not for six weeks. This drives me insane. I was basically told, "This is a 5-minute surgery that will greatly improve your child's balance, hearing and speech...but we can't do it for six weeks." I tried calling our doctor's assistant to see if we could get an earlier appointment based on the severity of Micah's condition, but she won't even call me back. Which brings me to my next gripe: customer service. I believe Eastern Carolina ENT is the only shop in town, which probably means they could care less about customer service because where else are you going to go? And they also charge $300 for a 10-minute office visit. Every time I see Micah trip over air (it feels that way sometimes), I get all riled up about the injustice of it all. I really want to call the doctor's assistant back tomorrow...and get her voicemail I'm sure...and say I'd really just appreciate a call back, thanks very much. But acting like a butt might not soften her to our cause, which could mean we'll never get an earlier appointment. Grrrrrrr

No comments: