Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Freedom

I'm doing a Bible study right now called Freedom for Mothers (actually, Micah and I are doing it together because he hasn't taken to the church nursery yet. Today he set a new record. They paged me to come get him before the class even started :-) Anyway, I experienced another kind of freedom today because I resigned from my job at Covenant. Don't get my wrong, everything about this job has been a blessing from the moment I was hired 3ish years ago. I've developed wonderful friendships and got to realize a dream of mine, which was to work at a church that had such a profound impact on my faith journey and my personal life (I met Jamie there). They even allowed me to work from home after Micah was born.

But during the last several months, Jamie's computer consulting business has really taken off, and he's been spending a lot of evenings and weekends working on administrative stuff. He was contemplating hiring someone to help him a few hours a week, but after considering this, we both decided he should just "hire" me. So, that's why I'm resigning from Covenant, to become an "associate" of Orr & Associates. This is freeing for me because I really want to do a good job, and I know that I haven't been at the top of my game with the Covenant website since I had Micah. And, by helping Jamie, he will be freed to spend more time with us and Micah will get more of my attention during the day. It's really a win-win for our family, and we're so grateful to God for how He's blessed us with work.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited about your new adventures! Praying all goes well with your new job!

The Tittle Family said...

Good for you! So happy that you guys are doing well. God is good!

The Dixon Spot said...

That is soooo great!!! I am so happy for you!

Andrea said...

Wow! This is so great! I'm glad you were finally able to share the changes. I pray that this will be a huge blessing for your family!

Elizabeth said...

I'm catching up on my blog reading so I'm a little late to the game, but Congrats on the switch! I know it's a load off of Jamie's mind to be able to have someone so talented help him!