Sunday, February 7, 2010

5-Minute Face!

My life was revolutionized recently while watching "What Not to Wear" as I rocked my son to sleep. I learn a lot from that show about how to assemble outfits, what looks good on certain figures (and what doesn't...I have a lot of those pieces) and also makeup. During this particular episode, makeup artist Carmindy was dealing with a no frills gal like myself. So, she told her about the 5-minute face. Wow! Usually I only have about 4 minutes to do my face before a certain somebody wakes up early from his nap (and no kidding, just as I typed that my monitor lights lit up), but still...Carmindy's all about helping women accentuate their natural beauty. If you use her tips to apply makeup, you should still look like your "regular" self...just better. Makeup is something I try to do most days, even if it means the dishes stay piled in the sink. I just feel better about myself the rest of the day, and if I have the opportunity to leave the house, then I'm more apt to do it if I have my face on :-)

So yeah, the 5-minute face. I think she wrote a book about it so maybe I could get in trouble for copying her secrets here. But basically here's what you need: foundation, one eye shadow that highlights your eye lid and brow line best, mascara, liner (except I'm afraid of it and don't use it), blush and lip gloss. You can figure out the rest ;-) Love me the Carmindy.

No comments: