Thursday, February 4, 2010

5-Month Update

Busy week for us. So busy, in fact, that I have to use bullets (not the kind in guns) to cover everything. This week:

  • We started Kindermusik. Micah really seemed to like it. Part of me is like, "I could totally do this at home...for free!" But I probably wouldn't, and we both enjoyed meeting other moms and babies.
  • I started the Motherwise: Freedom for Mothers Bible study and Micah lasted a whole hour in the nursery! After that, he hung out with me and the other moms and visited with his friend and neighbor, baby Joshua.
  • Micah had has 5-month weight check on Tuesday. He gained almost a pound since last month and now weighs 13.8 pounds. Doctor says he's doing fine.
  • Micah dropped his 9pm "dream feed" and is now eating 5 liquid meals a day. Three of those include solids. He has not rejected a single food yet...so unlike his mother ;-) Right now I buy his food, but my neighbor gave me a great book on how to make it myself, so I might try that.
  • Not to be cryptic, but some job changes are in the works for me. I will share more once the affected parties are notified :-)
  • We planned our first summer vacation. My in-laws own a time share that they graciously share with us. Since I'm not a fan of flying right now, we opted for the Myrtle Beach location in June. We are planning to go with some good friends and their little boy. I cannot wait to introduce Micah to the beach!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun! A beach vacation!

So glad Micah is doing just swell in the weight department!

I can't wait to hear about the job change... and Motherwise. Missed you girls in there but maybe in the fall I can pick it up!