Monday, August 31, 2009

Sitting On "Go"

We were surprised by a really great weekend! Jamie had a race to score Sunday in Raleigh that had been causing us a lot of stress. Micah's imminent arrival was never far from our minds, but with the midwife's blessing, I decided to travel with Jamie. I knew that if I just sat home waiting for the baby to come, I would go crazy.

We got to Cameron Village Saturday morning to help with pre-registration for a couple of hours. We set up in a shady spot, so I was actually able to help without getting tired or over-heated. We had a great lunch in a nearby deli and then spent the afternoon at Crabtree Valley Mall. I felt great...had a lot of energy...and even bought some fall clothes to wear post-baby. Deciding what size to purchase is such a guess at this point, but I felt good just buying something that wasn't maternity.

After shopping, we had dinner at our favorite restaurant, Bonefish Grill. Sunday morning I got up at 6am to eat breakfast with Jamie, then sent him on his way while I went back to bed. We got home Sunday afternoon, did a few things around the house, then had dinner with Jamie's mom at Outback. Of course, I proceeded to overeat, then thought I was in labor (really just gas pains). I refuse to learn even though the same thing happens nearly every night.

Speaking of night, I get up probably 8 times to use the bathroom. I told Jamie this morning that getting up every three hours to feed the baby will be a breeze compared to this. But several of my mommy friends on facebook told me otherwise :-( In any case, now that the weekend is over, we are so ready for Micah to come! I'm 39 weeks today, so it could be anytime. Micah moves and kicks so much now. I keep telling him, "Dude, there's so much more room out here!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for a fun weekend! I can't wait to get the call that little Micah is on his way! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Due time :) I love Bonefish...Bang Bang Shrimp is where it's at and if you believe the spice helps boost labor, could be worth going again! haha Can't wait to hear!