Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Is It Time Yet?

I hate to whine because God knows how blessed I am to be pregnant, but I am so ready for my little boy to be born! My co-workers say I've dropped (yay!), and I think they are right judging from the increased pressure on my bladder the last few days. It's hard with the firstborn to know if the birth is imminent or not. Most days I think, 'I cannot do this another three weeks," but watch me. We've been doing lots of things around the house to get ready for Micah's arrival - boiling passies, pruning bushes, washing bath mats, sort of packing for the hospital, etc. As you can tell, I don't expect we'll be able to do much immediately after he comes, but I may be wrong.

A lot of people have been asking me, "Are you nervous?" Well, I wasn't until people started asking...ha. I look at it like this: I have to be there. And there are drugs available if I need them. I think my excitement about him just overshadows what it will take to get him here.

Speaking of excited...I'm super excited that Angela Blankenship is going to take Micah's first professional photos! My neighbor and I are both expecting within days of each other, so Angela's going to come out and photograph both boys at the same time. We cannot wait - Angela does incredible work!

I'm also excited about a special gift from my husband. He asked at one point if there was anything that would be especially helpful to me once the baby arrives, and I said, "Yes, somebody to clean the house." So, we got somebody! She's actually a good friend who is going to come a couple of times after Micah's born, just until I'm back up on my feet. If you know me, you know that this is better than any piece of jewelry I could ever get. Thank you, Jamie!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not much longer! You'll make it :) And kudos to Jamie for getting you someone to clean your house! That will make you feel much more relaxed if you don't have to worry about things as much those first few weeks. Woohoo! Micah's almost here :)

Anonymous said...

I know you are getting anxious! I hope you have an easy, fast delivery! Just remember-- every woman goes through it and some do it again, and again, and again. The reward is amazing and its true- you do forget the pain. You are strong and so I know you'll do great. I cannot wait to see how cute he is!!!