Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Present Is Still Wrapped

As I'm sitting on my sofa today trying to will this baby to come out, it occurred to me how all my dreams are coming true. I know that sounds sappy and I'm usually not, but God has really been so gracious to me, not holding back any good gifts. Often I wonder, "Well why?" But then I remember that Christianity has nothing to do with what I deserve (thankfully!). I'm even excited about labor because meeting my child is one of those days I've looked forward to since I was a little girl "mothering" my dolls.

Today I cleaned the whole house. I even moved stuff so that I could vacuum in areas that hadn't been touched in weeks. Jamie said, "Mmmm, Micah's coming." Apparently he's heard about nesting. People are starting to throw out their "labor" day predictions, and unfortunately, most of them are after Labor Day. These predictions were promptly rejected.

I have to give a shout-out to my mom. She makes dinner for us several times a week, calls me everyday to see how I'm doing, and had her hospital bag packed before I finished packing my own. She is so excited about Micah and has been such a great support to us. She told me the other day, "It's like Christmas, and you're bringing everybody a present." Hoping that the next post I write will include a picture of said present.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenn, you ARE nesting! Its coming! I think it'll be tomorrow! Just my prediction though! You better let me know! You are going to be great!

Sarah said...

Such a cute picture of Micah on the top of the page! :) Glad I got to come with Andrea and meet him.