Monday, August 24, 2009

Hello, Fall!


Me: I'm ready to get my old physical self back.
Jamie: I'm ready for you to get your other self back.
Me: What self is that?
Jamie: Your non-irritable self.

Welcome to week 38. If I could use only one word to describe this pregnancy, it would be normal. That's what I hear every time I go see the doctor: "Everything's normal...baby's a normal size...baby should be born right around his due date...he'll weigh a very normal, average weight...heartbeat is normal." We're so thankful for that! And yet, now that I'm just days from the end, I wouldn't mind if he did something just a little bit abnormal and came early. Some of our friends said to us the other day, "You're both very punctual people, so Micah will probably be punctual, too." I hope he's at least that!

We spent some time at the river this past weekend. On the way, we stopped at Wal-Mart in Washington and got Micah his first Halloween costume. I won't divulge anymore...you'll have to wait for pictures on Oct. 31...but it's so cute! Mommy has already committed to take him out visitin' that day - probably to Covenant to see my co-workers and then to see my parents at their jobs.

Jamie started back school this week, so summer is officially over. I'm really excited about fall, though - it's my favorite season. We were a little nervous about Micah coming on the first day of classes...not too good to miss the first day...but now we're really hoping he comes on Friday, September 4. Jamie is off work for six days straight, so that would be ideal. But as much as I want to plan this thing, I know that I can't...sigh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even if he holds out, 6 last days together as a couple would be pretty great. Jamie could study up on reflexology and massage your feet in the spots it say induce labor and start that Wed night ;)

Anonymous said...

Aww! I know you are so ready! I think what sent me into labor with Stokes was bouncing on an exercise ball. That and taking lots of baths! Hey, it can't hurt to try, huh? I cannot wait to see the little man!!!

The Russell Family said...

From reading all your stuff about Jamie's comments, I think him and Paul were cut from the same mold! God help me when we decide to have kids! Keep us updated! Can't wait to meet him!