Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Near Term Randomness

My name is Jennifer, and I'm obsessed with buying baby clothes. (in unison..."Hi Jennifer.") My son already has fall clothes - that is, fall 2010 - and more than enough for all seasons in between. Part of the reason is because I just love to buy him clothes, and part of it is that I love a great deal. Like today, I found OshKosh half-price at Target, so I bought him a couple of polos and some pants for next fall. $15 for three pieces. Now I just hope the sizes match up to his age!

Many of you know that Jamie and I completed Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University course this past spring. As we prepare for Micah's arrival, one of Dave's recommendations is that we write a will. Part of the will is deciding who gets Micah if something should happen to both of us. This is a hard decision for us as we have four sets of parents, so we're thinking about just leaving him to Dave. Not only do we agree with his financial wisdom, but we also like how he's parented his own three children. Do you think our parents would be upset about that? We'd love your thoughts ;-)

So I'm ready for the baby to come OUT. We've actually worked out a deal, me and the baby. He can stay in until Monday when he will be considered "term," but after that, it's GAME ON! I've noticed that I take really deep breaths now, probably because my lungs are squished, and most nights I get up 6-8 times to pee. I'm just ready. Aside from being uncomfortable, I'm really ready to see what he looks like and learn his personality. I also bought his passy clip today, so what's holding him back?!?!

2 comments:

East Carolina In My Mind said...

hahaha...you are crackin me up...leave him to Dave lol!
On a serious note though, we have made a will and it was very hard but from all of the stories I have heard from people that did not have them in place it is a very smart decision, financially and for the well-being of your children. So, kudos to you on being on top of it!
Cant wait to see little Micah! Stay cool:)
ps. Was it just me, or did I hear RG crying all the way in the sanctuary last Sunday?? lol!

The Congleton Family said...

Dave is an excellent choice! LOL! You are too funny! I feel your pain about being ready to deliver! Won't it be so neat if we end up down the hall from one another?! Can't wait for our little boys to meet!