Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Wee Little Arghhhhhhh!

The Orrs had a wonderful Easter weekend! We spent Saturday at the river and then came back for church on Sunday. The music and drama were so good! After church we began the "family tour." Sunday afternoon we had a "traditional" Easter lunch of barbecue chicken with my dad's family. It was really good! Then we visited my mom and had dinner with Jamie's mom.

Our office was closed Easter Monday, so I went to Target and Babies R Us to begin our registry. I had a lot of fun, but it was also exhausting! I'm so thankful to have so many mommy friends who helped me decide what to get (how else would you know what kind of breast bump to purchase?). I tried to be good and not buy anything, but I couldn't resist one special outfit that I hope to dress Micah in for his homecoming (see below). With all the pirate drama in the news, I hope that pirates don't stop being cool. He already has several outfits with pirate motifs.

Front of outfit and beenie

Back of outfit

Speaking of outfits, my mom and I are going a little crazy and need to stop. Jamie and I went to visit her on Easter, and she presented us with three shopping bags of clothes for the baby! We were so excited - she got some really cute stuff (and no duckies!). Most of what I buy him is for when he's a little older. Last week at Gymboree, I found some overalls for around $5 and three other winter pieces that altogether totaled just under $20! I love Gymboree, but I would go broke if I didn't restrict myself to just the sale rack.

Next weekend we are off to Wilmington for another race. I'm so glad that my nausea has passed - it makes going and doing so much easier! I hope we have good weather - I'm ready to break out the summer maternity clothes!

1 comment:

Sam Williams said...

I'm not going to lie. I like it. Just keep him away from Somalia and you should be okay.