Monday, April 20, 2009

Attack Rabbits!

Often on Mondays, I feel like I need a weekend after my weekend. We had a great (but busy!) time in Wilmington scoring a race at the aquarium. We got there late Saturday afternoon and took a breezy walk on the beach before having dinner at the Oceanic. Sunday we woke at 5:30 to start preparations for the race. We had no idea that the aquarium was located next to a salt marsh and that the mosquitoes would be out in full force. I was so thankful that baby Micah wasn't born yet - I don't know what I would have done if we had taken him there. I'm becoming more and more aware of how my participation in races will have to change once he's born. I really love going and helping out, but it will be difficult to juggle my scoring responsibilities and a newborn. In any case, our clients were very happy and want to hire us back next year...praise!

We had our last Financial Peace University (FPU) class last night, and the final topic was giving. This is something Jamie and I feel very passionate about. God has always provided very generously for us, and we love to use our extra resources to bless others when we can. One of the major points of last night's lesson was that none of us really have any money; we're all stewards (managers) of what belongs to God. And if you think about it, it's much easier to give away somebody else's money! We've really enjoyed FPU and the financial freedom that has come from getting our finances in order. In fact, our church is offering a live feed with Dave Ramsey this Thursday, and we're attending with our couple's group. We're excited to hear what new information Dave has in light of our country's current economic situation. Please come if you live in Greenville - it's free and open to the public!

I'm 20 weeks today...yay! I still get some morning sickness. I had almost a two-week break, but then it came back. Someone told me that unpleasant pregnancies mean pleasant labors. I hope they are right!..."Aunt Hilda," my good friend and co-worker, went to Chapel Hill this past weekend and bought Micah his first UNC outfit! It's sooooo cute - pictures to come...My mom spent the weekend in Asheville visiting my aunt. When I called to say hi on Sunday, she told me that she bought Micah a sleeper with rabbits (read the post titled The Ferocious Nature of Lions, Bears and Alligators to see how this violates our clothing policies) but she said we could call them "attack rabbits." Ha.

4 comments:

Sam Williams said...

I think this video should satisfy Jamie's requirement. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 20 WEEKS!!!!!!!
I guess I'll have to make a mental note-- no lions, tigers, and bears for little Micah! Yall don't like ducks either, right?

the Orrs said...

No, we LIKE lions, tigers and bears...anything ferocious is fine. It's wussy animals like ducks and rabbits that we don't like. Haha. So silly.

Anonymous said...

I'm buying Micah something pink just to aggrevate James.