Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to my dad and to my baby daddy ;-) We spent the weekend at the beach with my parents. We always have a great time, and they are so helpful (my step-dad entertains Jamie and my mom entertains Micah). Jamie and I even went out on a date Saturday night! We don't stay gone long...a couple of hours and we're missing Micah...but we had a great dinner at Ruddy Duck's in Morehead.

Micah has become such a happy baby (compared to those first few months). He loves the water and doesn't mind sitting in wet clothes for long periods of time. Today he pulled up (from sitting to standing) completely by himself. We are so proud! I can also tell that he understands a lot of what we are saying (for instance, he totally knows what "no" means even if he doesn't always obey.) He's also starting to get underwhelmed with baby food. He would much rather feed himself. Tonight I made Jamie's favorite, a chicken and broccoli ring. It's basically ground up chicken, broccoli, cheese, sour cream and a few spices baked inside of a crescent roll "ring." When Micah rejected his baby food, we gave him some of this and he loved it. Our baby is getting so big!

Tomorrow night we're having my dad over for dinner. I'm trying one of Amber's recipes - crock pot lasagna. Yum!

3 comments:

The Tittle Family said...

Glad you had a great weekend! Yay for Micah pulling up too!!! How exciting!

Anonymous said...

Can you come cook for our family?

The Congleton Family said...

Would you believe that Luke pulled up this weekend too?! Those boys are going to be quite a team, I do believe!;o) Glad you had a great weekend at the beach!