Friday, April 30, 2010

Hypocrite

Now that I'm a mother, I've become one. Doing all the things I said I'd never do. This post really got me thinking. Actually, I've been thinking about it since Micah was born, but after reading MckMama's post, I realized that I share some of her reasons. This is really ironic because two of my best friends are teachers, and I have always been very against homeschooling. I figured, and they concurred, that if it takes four years to get a teaching degree and be qualified to teach in public school, then what makes me think I can do it? But now I don't think it's as black and white as that. So Jamie and I are thinking about it...praying about it...not really sure we will but not really sure we won't. Just thought you'd like to know.

2 comments:

The Tittle Family said...

It's okay! So many things I could tell you I've done that I said I would "NEVER". One being, taking my girls to the store in 1. their pajamas and 2. their dress up clothes! That's just what I could think of now but there is so much more and ones that are much deeper! I'm proud of you for even considering it and already praying about it. And knowing that if it turns out to be the answer for your family, it doesn't mean it's the right answer for another family. That's what makes us all unique! You are doing a great job as a Mother! What a blessed little Micah! :)

the Orrs said...

Aw Amber, you are so sweet! Thank you!