Thursday, July 23, 2009

Whining

I've been sick this week, and it's really kicking my butt! I used to rebound from coughs and colds so easily, but not this time. I'm currently on day 5 of coughing, runny nose and the occasional low grade fever, and I can still hardly muster the energy to fold a load of laundry. And forget about cooking! Wednesday night I used some Christmas money to take us to Outback.

I went to the doctor Wednesday for my 34ish week check-up. Micah is doing great - still head down, moving a lot, weighing around 4.5 pounds. I still have a hard time thinking he's real. He likes to flex his arm in my abdomen, and when I feel that, he becomes more real to me than at any other time. We are so ready to meet our little fella!

I don't know if it's my cold or the culmination of our Expectant Parent's Class, but I'm getting really scared about labor. And weepy. The class really drove home for me how intense this process will be. I knew that, but until the class, I hadn't let myself think about it much. And now that I'm sick, I keep thinking, there is absolutely no way I could've pushed a baby out this week. No way. I'm praying through it and letting go of any ideas I had of doing labor au natural.

No comments: