Monday, July 20, 2009

Last Hurrah Before Baby

We had a great weekend! Saturday I went to Raleigh with my mom to shop and see the musical, Jersey Boys, which is the story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. We called it our Last Hurrah Before Baby. We ate lunch at my favorite restaurant, California Pizza Kitchen, and bought some clothes for ourselves and for Micah. The musical was great! I was surprised that I recognized almost all the songs. When we got home and started putting Micah's new things away, my mom declared a clothing freeze for him. Apparently he has more than enough for his first year and she forgot to tell me that my sister had bought him an entire wardrobe, which I would receive the next day. I actually thought he needed more...haha. Mom had to remind me that clothes are re-usable and he'll only be in them for a few months at a time.

I also have to add that while we were gone all day, Jamie did a load of housework. He power washed the house, mowed the grass, installed shelves in our shed, did some stuff to the boat and made dinner! I told him I'm going to skip town about one day a month from now on ;-)

Sunday we had a family shower at a friend's house. We made ice cream sundaes and hung out by the pool. It was the perfect day! My family and friends pretty much cleaned off our registries to the point that we only need 3-4 more things, and we received enough gift cards to cover that. We have been so blessed! Jamie tickles me asking the difference between receiving blankets and swaddle wraps and wanting me to "teach him how Micah works."

Tomorrow is our last Expectant Parent's Class. We'll do the hospital tour. Then Wednesday I have my almost 34-week appointment...Next Friday is Baby Day. I'm taking the day off to finish all things baby...installing the car seats, making sure all his gadgets have batteries, hanging a few more things on his wall, etc. We're down to the wire!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes you are! So close... I'm so glad you had a great weekend. You look great! I'm super jealous!