Monday, March 2, 2009

Whirlwind of a Weekend

Our weekend was criz-azy. We went to Moorehead Friday to begin preparations for the Crystal Coast Half Marathon. The weather was nice that day, so we enjoyed being outside and hanging out with Jamie's race partners and their families. Saturday was a different story. We didn't sleep much the night before, it rained and we ran into a few kinks with our equipment, all while trying to pull off the biggest race of our "career". We didn't eat lunch until after 1, and the baby was not happy. I felt sick the rest of the day and ended up eating a mixture of bananas, peanut butter and jelly for dinner. Jamie said to me, "That already looks like throw up, so when you throw it up later, it won't be too traumatic." I did not throw it up later, thank you very much...

On Sunday, my friend Stephanie and I hosted a baby shower for our friend, Shannon. The weather couldn't have been any worse, but we had such a good time and a few messes to laugh about, too! Shannon got so many nice things for her baby, Wade. It was great for me, too, because I got to see the kinds of things I'll need that I hadn't thought about. I also got back into sewing recently because I wanted to make Shannon an ECU tag blanket for her shower. I think it turned out really well...I forgot to take pictures (see disclaimer below), but I'm making one for Baby Orr that I'll be sure to photograph.

I'm really bad about taking pictures. I really want to be that girl who has her camera handy at every photo-worthy moment, but I'm just not. I hope to get better once the baby comes.

Speaking of the baby, I'm excited to be at 13 weeks. People have told me it was pointless to post my no-show 12-week picture, but now I'm actually poking out a bit. I'm still sick, but my saliva problem has improved greatly, which is a huge PRAISE! We are ready to find out what this little dumpling is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I seriously want you to make some curtains for my living room!! Sorry I spilled green punch on your beige rug. I guess that's what I get for talking about how clumsy Brandon is. Thanks again for letting all of us wet rats into your home on Sunday!