Monday, February 23, 2009

A Girl???


If our friend's and family's predictions are correct, we're having a girl (Suzanne is the only one who has predicted a boy so far...she had a dream). In fact, my aunt went to a psychic who said, "You're going to have more female energy in your family in 2009." Out of principle we'd really love to prove the psychic wrong, but otherwise I'm thrilled (and Jamie's terrified) with the idea of a daughter. Either way, we've got our names picked out for both. With the exception of the few people we told early on, we've decided not to share our names until the birth. This is my mom's fault: she's opinionated. She and I are very close, but she's also the type to say, "Well I really don't like that name," and so we've decided to share the name with her (and others) when we introduce our child. We will share the gender early, so we want to leave at least one major detail as a surprise.

Then again, I suck at keeping secrets, so if you ask me one-on-one I'll probably tell you.

I'm still having some nausea, but as I mentioned in an earlier post, my most annoying symptom by far is excess saliva. Talk about affecting a person's quality of life! This is a constant issue from the time I wake up until the time I go to bed, and the only relief I get is when I eat. I found a great online discussion board yesterday where other pregnant ladies where sharing their frustrations with this symptom. Unfortunately for most, it didn't go away until late in the pregnancy or when the baby was born. I prayed so hard last night for some relief because yesterday was especially aggravating, and God has answered! The issue hasn't disappeared altogether, but it's a lot more manageable today! In other words, I haven't been toting my little spit cup (discretely) around the office. Please pray for me in this area...it sounds petty, but I would happily take the nausea any day over this.

2 comments:

The Congleton Family said...

Look at you girl! Where is that baby bump!? teheee... wont be long! I can't wait to meet little Baby Orr!

Maggie said...

Oh, it's a boy ;-) I'm sure.