Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Orrs This Week

I've bought quite a few outfits for this baby already. Let me rephrase: I've bought quite a few outfits for this baby if it's a girl. I'm probably jinxing myself, and it's not that I have a preference, but the girl clothes are just so darn cute. Plus I've found some great deals on off-season things. Yesterday I bought two winter dresses, a cardigan and a winter coat at Gymboree for $35! I would have bought boy stuff too, but they didn't have anything cute on the clearance rack. I also got a couple of summer 2010 outfits for each at Sam's for $5. The good news is that we find out the baby's gender in less than two weeks: Friday, April 3. I've decided that I'll take my shopping bags with me to the appointment so that I can go return some clothes (and buy some new ones!) after we find out.

Let's see, what's going on with the Orrs lately...we're very busy through May scoring races. I feel like I have two jobs because I work 8-5 at Covenant and then come home at night and help with race stuff. But I know this race job is what will allow me to stay home after the baby comes, and Jamie just loves it so much. He's actually doing his dream job, which few people can probably boast...We had a rather uncomfortable moment with my stepmom at dinner last week. She's not a big baby person, so she says, and pretty much refuses to watch our child until s/he is a toddler "unless we get into a bind". Unfortunately for her, that's not how we roll in our family - we've always been very close to our grandparents - and my dad is a HUGE baby person and will be calling me up begging to keep our child. So she will have to be set straight. My sister and I have always treated her with a lot of respect, and my dad has provided generously over the years for her two sons, so her attitude is unfortunate...I've been meeting several nights a week to walk with some of the wonderful ladies in our couple's study. Four out of five of us are either pregnant or have a young child, so we just talk babies, babies, babies the whole time. I love these girls and have so much fun hanging out with them!

1 comment:

The Congleton Family said...

Can't wait to hear the news of what you're having!! Praying for you as well that the baby is healthy! I'll be waiting to hear from you real soon!;)