Monday, February 9, 2009

A Spring Tease

Can I just say PRAISE for a beautiful weekend?! We went to the beach Friday and Saturday with my parents and had a wonderful time. Jamie is scoring the Crystal Coast Half Marathon in Morehead on February 28, so our "excuse" to go down this time was to check out the course. We spent a few minutes doing that and the rest of our time just chillin. I enjoyed eating my mom's cooking and walking through their Emerald Isle neighborhood looking at all the pretty houses.

Speaking of races, Jamie is hoping to score a gig with the Carolina Hurricanes in September. Depending on when it is, the baby would be only a couple weeks old, but we're going! I can already picture the hockey players posing in pictures with the baby - how cute!

My sister came home Sunday, and we went with Mom to see He's Just Not That Into You. I read this book when I was single and sour on relationships and thought it was the funniest thing I'd ever read. Too bad the movie is really not funny. If you were thinking about seeing this, I would save my money. If you haven't read the book yet, go buy that instead.

I'm feeling pretty good now. I would still vomit every single day if I didn't take my Zofran, but with the medicine I can live a fairly normal life. I occasionally have to remind myself that I can't go-go-go like Jamie and I were used to before. On weekends I can do about half of what we typically do, then I'm ready for a nap.

Once the baby comes, I'll be working part-time, mostly from home. In fact, they already have me set up to work from home and I'm taking advantage of that as much as possible. Sitting behind a desk all day is getting harder and harder. I need to move around or I fall asleep, and if I'm working at home, I can take little breaks and actually get stuff done around my house, too. I'm very blessed to have such a great work situation!

1 comment:

The Cox Family said...

Glad to know I can save my money! I'll wait until it comes on dvd. What a sweet deal to be able to work from home! I need to find something like that!