Wednesday, July 7, 2010

July 4th Celebrations!

July 4, 2010

We spent Micah's first July 4th at the river with Grandpa Steve (who kept referring to himself as 'Grammy'...not sure about that ;-) Saturday we had a cookout with the Farrows, Littlefields and Bells. Several of us have celebrated July 4th together in the past, and it was way different this year with little ones running around. We had a good time watching four babies under age 2 play together.

Micah and Dad

Sunday we went to the annual Kilby Island Pig Pickin'. Jamie and I both agreed that it has been better in past years. Micah sure looked cute, though! I hope we'll get to celebrate at the beach next year.

Gettin' down in your pjs!! This picture makes me laugh :-)

Micah, you are such a delight right now at 10 months old! You have mostly overcome your separation anxiety and enjoyed spending one-on-one time with Grandpa. He enjoyed taking you out for golf cart rides to give Mom a little break. You're also pulling up on everything and even cruised along the sofa today. Mimi said you did that at her house last week, but mommies are supposed to see milestones first, so I say you did it first today ;-) You babble constantly and clearly understand a lot more than you can communicate. When you wake up in the morning, I tell you to "put passy night night," and you throw it in the crib. We're still working on 'No' - I think you get it, but you like to test me!

Micah's 1st boat ride. You were sleepy, so this was not a pleasant experience! The second trip was much better!

We've done a few activities lately that are still a little advanced for you (splash park), but I get excited about all that we can do together next summer! I'm already planning your first birthday party (can it be???)! We are doing a Tigger theme because you really seem to like him. I think Mom and Dad are giving you your first Bible. I'm sure the grandparents will provide all the toys ;-)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

:) So sweet. Adorable pictures and I like the one with the guys in blue, too. I really like how you wrote it to him instead of us :)