Friday, January 23, 2009

Our Favorite Gift

Jamie and I got a Christmas present that we've been keeping to ourselves (sort of...wink) for awhile. We're having a baby!!

Being the planner that I am, I had already decided how to tell the family if we got pregnant in December. I would find out Christmas Eve in time to surprise everyone that evening. I was going to change the tag on my sister’s gift to read: To Aunt Sarah, From Jamie and Jennifer. I hoped she would read it aloud. But the test came back negative, and so did the next one. It was no big deal…of course I was a little disappointed, but I was certain God would use this to teach a little control freak like me a lesson. Besides, it was probably too early for a test. I also didn’t feel different enough to actually be pregnant…whatever that means.

On Sunday I decided to test again. Weird things were starting to happen to my body…normal cycle stuff, just more intense. This time I got a very faint pink line. I didn’t believe it and didn’t tell Jamie I’d tested. I tested again Monday…line was a little darker, but I still wasn’t convinced. The test on Tuesday, December 30 (yes, this was the 5th test, and I got them all at the Dollar Tree!), convinced me enough so that I told Jamie we were going to be parents! I still couldn’t believe it though, so I called my doctor and requested a blood test. The nurse basically told me it wasn't necessary, and I basically told her to zip it and take my blood anyway. We got confirmation December 31.

We’re beyond excited! I've wanted to be a mom since I was a little girl playing with my dolls. The baby is (appropriately) due on Labor Day, September 7. Please keep us and our little one in your prayers. We just can't believe how good God has been to us! My office mate and good friend, Jennifer J., always says, "God will teach you those lessons you need to learn, but He doesn't always do it the way you think He will." We’ll be sharing more…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will continue to pray over little Baby Orr! Congratulations! :)

The Tittle Family said...

Congratulations! Riley was due right around Labor Day but I had her August 26th...so you never know. I pray your pregnancy goes well and your sickness doesn't last too long! Hang in there!

BTW - great deal on the bedding! I wouldn't have passed it up either!