Saturday, June 25, 2011

Joel's Post

I haven't blogged too much about my pregnancy, so I wanted to devote a post to Joel and how he and I are doing this summer.

I'm very excited about meeting him and having another newborn to cuddle. I wonder about his personality and if he'll look like his brother. I also wonder if he'll be a good sleeper like Micah, and if they'll have similar struggles (ie. speech) or if Joel will be totally different. I also have some anxiety about managing two. Micah is very into asserting his will lately (read: Terrible Twos); he really needs one person on him at all times.

How this pregnancy is different...

- No swelling...yet :-)

- Joel is extremely active, more so than Micah was

- Exhaustion
I went back to read my summer 2009 posts to find out if I felt as tired and worn out then as I do this summer. I didn't, but then again I spent all day behind a desk and not chasing a toddler who wants to be outside 24/7. When I pray at night with Micah, I say, "Thank you Lord for bringing me through another day." I can't even think about July and August.

- Hunger
Up until this week, I could have eaten full meals every couple of hours, preferably pizza or Cocoa Krispies. This week I feel like Joel is finally pushing on my stomach so I feel full (bloated) a lot quicker.

- Exercise
I was much more disciplined about talking walks when I was expecting Micah. At 30 weeks pregnant, I'm just now starting to do that with Joel. Strangely enough, I'm slated to gain the same amount of weight this time. I guess I'm exercising more than I realize chasing after Micah.

Jamie says we're done after two. I'm not so sure anymore. On one hand I know being done makes sense. I like things just so, and I get overwhelmed easily. I'm not sure I could manage more than two kids. On the other hand, I would love to have a daughter, and so I'm not ready to give up on that just yet. To be continued...:-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I definitely understand wanting a daughter because I felt that way too. I have an almost 4 year old girl that you can borrow whenever you'd like... I'm pretty sure you'd give her back in under 30 seconds though. She's more difficult than ANY boy I've ever watched, hands down! I love her with all my heart, but she is the best form of birth control around :)

I hope your pregnancy continues to go smoothly - enjoy the last few months of 1 on 1 time with Micah. I love the times that I get to be 1 on 1 with my kids now.

the Orrs said...

LOL Jennifer...you mean Kate is not as angelic as she looks in those pictures? ;-)

We're hitting the terrible 2s hard, so stopping after 2 is looking better and better. Micah's favorite way to embarrass us lastely is to break into a high pitched scream, preferably at church, grocery stores and restaurants. Fun times.